America’s Affirmation of Israel
JERUSALEM: May 14, 2018
JERUSALEM: Today, by keeping his word, when his three predecessors refused to keep theirs, President Donald J. Trump has done something historic for Israel. By simply relocating our embassy from Tel Aviv, Trump did something monumental, but it was also legal. In 1995, the United States Congress passed the Jerusalem Embassy Act. This legislation mandated that the United States’ Israel Embassy be moved from Tel Aviv to Israel’s ancient capitol—the city of King David.
Despite this being the law, for the previous twenty-three years, all three American Presidents—Bill Clinton, George W. Bush, and Barack Obama—signed repeated waivers, delaying implementation of the Jerusalem Embassy Act. Essentially, they lied to the American people by promising us to do something they had no intention of doing.
Why would Clinton, Bush 43, and Obama do this? They did it because they wanted the votes of Jews and Evangelical Christians, so they misled us. Trump made a similar promise, but he has kept his word. Our Embassy opened today in Jerusalem, on the 70th anniversary of Israel’s independence. What a cause for celebration!
Although there is fighting in Gaza because of our strategic move, with many Palestinians opposed to the move being shot, it was the right thing for the United States to do. By upholding the Jerusalem Embassy Act of 1995, Trump has fulfilled the law, and he has put the United States in good position for divine blessing. The Scriptures and history are very clear about this. For example:
1. The Lord gave the land of Israel to Abraham and his offspring in an everlasting covenant (Psalm 89:28-37).
2. In Genesis 12:2, God spoke to Abraham, saying, “I will make you into a great nation, and I will bless you; I will make your name great, and you will be a blessing.”
3. Israel is the birthplace of Christianity.
4. Judaism people gave birth to our Holy Scriptures, to the Old Testament prophets, and to the New Testament Apostles.
5. In Genesis 12:3, our God, who never changes, promised this. “I will bless those who bless you, and whoever curses you I will curse; and all peoples on earth will be blessed through you” (Genesis 12:3, NAS).
Because of what President Trump has done, there will be a blessing in store for the United States of America. You can count on it.
Today is a day for jubilation—both for Israel and for America, and it’s all because we have been true to our word. Nevertheless, the Middle East remains a hotbed of conflict, with Israel surrounded by millions of militant Muslims, who want to drive every Jew into the Mediterranean Sea.
Because of our fidelity, however, we have strengthened Israel’s position in the world considerably. What happened today is an answer to prayer that millions of Christian people have uttered repeatedly for years—all in an effort to protect Israel and the Israeli people. It is very humbling and gratifying to report this momentous victory today. Thank You, Lord.
News From the Heartland
• The U.S. Embassy, currently located in Tel Aviv, will be transferred to Jerusalem by May—just in time for Israel’s 70th anniversary of independence.
• Nearly two dozen nations have joined the USA in expelling Russian diplomats over the nerve-agent poisoning of a former Russian spy and his daughter in London. Led by the Trump administration, this is a major setback for Putin.
• After massive student rallies, the challenge to the 2nd Amendment continues. This assault on the Bill of Rights threatens to undermine our basic American traditions.
• The good news about the massive $1.3 trillion Omnibus Spending Bill is that our military unpreparedness will come to an end. After years of sequestration, massive cuts in defense have left us far more vulnerable than most Americans realize. This is about to end, and we are grateful.
• The sanctions against North Korea have been so successful that Kim Jong Un has asked for a meeting with President Trump. Let us pray that these talks result in North Korea dismantling its nuclear program, so that war can be averted.
• Iran has publicly stated that they want to wipe Israel off the face of the map, and this shi’ite nation fully intends to do so. Iran is using terrorism to do so, and they may be secretly building nuclear weapons. We must pray that God intervenes to stop them.
Our Gracious God and Heavenly Father,
In adversity, You have restored Your Chosen People to the land they have rightfully owned for thousands of years. Retaking the land they were promised, from the time of Moses, was not an easy task, nor was it easy to posses in antiquity. Israel had to fight in days of old, just as the Israelis have had to fight constant opposition from the sons of Ishmael ever since.
Now, as we celebrate Israel’s 70th anniversary of independence, we do so joyfully, but also with a watchful eye on those who want to drive the sons and daughters of Abraham into the Mediterranean Sea. Because the malice toward Israel is so great, and because the United Nations sides with the forces of Evil continually, we come before You today on behalf of Israel, asking that You continue to protect this tiny nation. Bless them with peace and abundance, Father, and allow us, your faithful children, to be a powerful witness to them and help them to recognize Christ as the true Messiah. They will embrace Him as their Lord and Savior, because that is exactly who He is. As the End Times approach, and ancient prophecies continue
To be fulfilled, we thank You for always keeping your Word to us. Your promises are as true today, as they have been in ages past, And will be forevermore.